Chiropractic is the world’s largest, drugless healing profession, achieving its goals without the use of drugs or surgery. To accomplish these goals, the patient’s spine is thoroughly analyzed and a schedule of care is outlined.
The primary method of treatment is the adjustment. The chiropractic adjustment is a gentle procedure to free a vertebral joint that is stuck or misaligned, so that proper motion and position is restored thereby arresting, preventing and often reversing spinal degeneration or arthritis. Also, and at the same time, proper motion and position of the vertebrae allow the nerves to carry their impulses to their intended end organ, muscle, tissue with less interference. A better functioning spine with less interference to the nervous system allows the body to do more of what it was designed and programmed to do, which is to heal and be healthy!
Chiropractic May Help You
So, let’s talk about you for a moment, and I need you to really get this: YOUR health is based on four very important principles and everything we do in this office is based on these four principles:
- Your body is a self-healing organism. It is designed to heal itself! Did you know that? For example:
- You get a brand new liver every month. All the cells in your liver die and are replaced with brand new cells every 24 days! Amazing!
- Every four months all of your red blood cells are wiped out and your body creates a completely new set. Incredible!
- You get a completely new stomach lining every 5 days. Your taste buds are replaced every 11 days.
- At night when you go home and take off your clothes before bed, thousands of dead skin cells float to the floor and then you vacuum yourself up the next morning! Did you know that 98% of the dust in your house is YOU? I often have fun with my patients because I tell them that they really are very dusty people!
The reason I am telling you this is to emphasize that your body is in a constant state of change and repair. And in order to do this, it follows a very exact program. So I need to know why you are not following your program? Your body is not doing what it is programmed and designed to do. And that is absolutely not OK. Think about this for as moment: your body is not doing what it is supposed to be doing. Why is that?
- Your Nervous System is the “thing” that runs this program. It is like a computer central command center that runs you. As long as your nervous system is able to communicate effectively with every organ, tissue, cell, nook and cranny of you, you should have the very best health you have ever had in your life. We call this normal.
- If something interferes with the function of your nervous system so that it is not able to control your body the way it should, your body will not be able do what it is designed and programmed to do – it will do its own thing. ..and here is where all your problems come from.
- My job as a Chiropractor is to simply restore law and order. I’m the new Sherriff in town! I want your body to function the way it was designed and programmed. …And I want you to be healthy for a lifetime. That’s it. It’s simple.